Thursday, April 5, 2018

Abuse



 
                               


Writing this blog is very hard but I think that it is something that needs to be talked about. I have this negative outlook on people. It is normal to not trust people, but I often wonder what their thoughts about me is going to be, and in my mind without a second thought it is usually something negative. I don’t mean to be like this, but this is just the way things are. I know one factor that played a big role in my mental illness is the mental, and physical abuse that I endure at the hand of my family member. I was a very quiet child, and as I became older that stood out to people, and unfortunately that made me a target. Not only was I a target in school, but I was also a target in my own home. I was supposed to be protected and loved. Enduring this abuse not only affected my self-esteem it made my anxiety unmanageable.

I wish that I could have spoken to someone that I trusted so I could have had a better childhood. Every child deserves to grow up in a safe environment. No matter what people say, you need to remember that taking care of yourself first is the most important thing for you to do.  If anyone has a story to tell don’t hesitate to share. Rather if you agree with this blog, or you don't this is a safe place for us to heal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment