Sunday, April 15, 2018

Be Brave!


  
Image result for brave





It’s not always easy to talk to people, let alone the world about having a mental disorder. I have been called crazy, and other nasty names by people who used my mental disorder against me. I have dated people who could not understand why I act out in such ways. My adopted mother, never understood why I had such a hard time standing in front of a crowd.

  One night, I just decided to get on Facebook, and share with the world what I was going through. I got messages telling me that what I was doing was so brave. I was able to connect with others who admitted to me that they to dealt with a mental disorder. I was so happy to know that there were other who also dealt with the same thing. This helps take some of the pain out my life. I have an interesting support system. I was able to connect with a young woman who had bi-polar disorder, and whenever I have any problems I was able to connect with her. It made me happy that I had someone that I could understand what it is like to walk around with a mental disorder.

There are times that I get called, “crazy”, and people try to shame for being open and honest. But I believe that if you can live in your truth there is no one who can call you out about something that you have already admitted to. And at times it hurts when people use my mental disorder to define me. But I put those emotions aside and look for ways that I can approve myself. In other words, I disregard the hate that I get when it comes to someone shaming me. What they fail to realize is that they can end up in a depression or develop some type of mental disorder. And I have had experiences where people who shamed me called me and apologize about how they treated me. I understood, and I forgave them.’ Leave any comments (good or bad), and experiences. Remember that this is a safe space for us to heal together!

No comments:

Post a Comment