Saturday, March 3, 2018

More stress, more anxiety



                                                               
         



                                                             More Stress, More Anxiety 

I promised to share a personal story with you guys. I will start with the most recent attack that has happen to me. For the last couple of days, I felt as if I was out of breath. I thought maybe something might have been wrong, but it was stress. Stress, can affect your mental illness. With me when I am stress I have these chest pains, and I feel extremely nauseated. I knew that I was stressing but what happened as the stress progress is what made me scared.

Sure, I had symptoms of my anxiety affecting me I just didn’t think that It would lead to me having an anxiety attack. I woke up, and that is when I started to have trouble breathing. That’s when I decided to grab my medication, but was it going to work? It did make the symptoms stop for a little while, but it was just a suppressant for them. Throughout the rest of this week I still felt the shortness of breath.

Though it has been awhile since I had an anxiety attack I still remembered what my therapist told me to do. I started to count, I took small breaths, I made sure that I focused on something in the room. When I arrived at work I talked to people around me, so I can vent about why I have been so stressed lately.

I found this to be helpful. It minimized the chest pains, and I was able to breathe without feeling like I ran. What I want you to take from this story is that It’s okay to admit sometimes that our mental illness gets the past of us. Its what steps are we taking to minimize the symptoms of that mental illness.

If you have advice, or comments (good or bad) make sure that you leave them below. Sharing your personal journey may be something that helps someone along the way. Let’s use this blog as a safe place to heal and grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment