Friday, March 9, 2018

More rights/Workplace/Mental Illness


                                                More rights/Workplace/Mental Illness  








Mental illness, can affect your work ethic. I think that this is an important discussion that is not talked about enough. I’ve work jobs that affected my mental illness, and when it became to much I found myself not wanting to do the job anymore. The symptoms of having a mental illness can affect your performance at work. If your mental illness becomes a disability, then you are lawfully protected. But if you have a mental illness like anxiety you are out of luck.

I wish to see the United States focus more on providing a safe work environment for people who suffer from mental illness. There are a lot of people who are uneducated when it come to spotting signs of someone who might be having an episode. Besides working as a psychiatrist, psychologist. There are no places in the work place besides HR that you can speak to if you are having symptoms of your mental illness. This would be great to incorporate in the work place. Imagine how many people deal with mental illness, and you come to work, and you have the resources to help you have a better work environment.

I really believe that Americans have a long way to go before doing anything major like that. I don’t believe that this administration, or the next will think this far ahead but it’s worth a try to get the word out there. So many times, I have had an anxiety attack, and nobody around me would even considered that I might need help. I didn’t take it personal because in my mind I believe that they are not well inform to understand someone like me. This is important because we need to have healthier people in the work force. 

When your employees are happy, and healthy production will also do well.
I really want to know what your thoughts are on people with mental illness having more rights in the work place. Don’t forget to leave a comment (good or bad), question, Etc. This is a safe place so let’s heal together.

No comments:

Post a Comment